EXTENDED CALL FOR NYCM MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR
THE NATIONAL YOUTH COUNCIL OF MACEDONIA (NYCM) IS LOOKING TO ENGAGE A MEMBERSHIP COORDINATOR FOR EFFICIENT AND EFFECTIVE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PROGRAM AND PROJECT ACTIVITIES OF THE ORGANIZATION
Job Description of the Membership Coordinator:
- Appropriate, quality and timely communication with the NYCM member organizations;
- Preparation and implementation of a plan for regular periodic meetings with member organizations;
- Regular communication with the Commission for membership and support of its work prior to holding the General Assembly of the NYCM;
- Detecting opportunities for membership of other potential organizations and attracting new members;
- Coordination of the work of the NYCM Regional Offices, organizing meetings with the regional coordinators, regular communication with the regional coordinators and providing information on the activities at the local level;
- Development and application of mechanisms for detecting the needs and preferences of the NYCM member organizations and conveying this to the NYCM Governing Board;
- Appropriate involvement of member organizations in the processes of strategic, annual and project planning and providing timely content contribution from member organizations in the preparation of plans and projects;
- Identification of the needs for capacity development of the member organizations, preparation of a plan for capacity building and coordination of the NYCM member organizations for participation in the process of capacity building;
- Successful and timely planning, implementation and coordination of specific project activities for which (s)he would be responsible;
- Preparation of monitoring and evaluation matrices and their implementation for the needs of the project operation;
- Preparation of narrative (periodic and final reports) for donors, the Assembly, the Secretary General and the Governing Board of the NYCM;
- Support in the preparation of invitations for events of the NYCM in coordination with the members of the Secretariat;
- Regular coordination with the Secretary General, the Governing Board and other members of the Secretariat on current affairs and obligations of the Secretariat.
Required knowledge and skills of the Membership Coordinator:
- To be familiar with the work of the NYCM, as well as the civil society sector in the country.
- Knowledge and previous experience in the civil/youth sector, especially in running networks/councils and/or youth organizations and youth policies in Macedonia;
- At least two years of relevant work experience, in network types of organizations;
- Experience in applying, implementing and monitoring project activities for young people;
- Knowledge of capacity building processes;
- Experience in planning and implementing the monitoring and evaluation;
- Excellent communication skills, communication sensitivity and correctness;
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- High level of spoken and written English. Knowledge of Albanian will be considered an advantage;
- Membership in an NYCM member organization will be considered an advantage;
- Proactive approach and high performance with minimal supervision;
- Willingness and ability to work with a team, under pressure and in a limited time frame;
- Willingness to work from an office based in Skopje;
- Capacity to work with people coming from different social and cultural backgrounds;
- Flexibility with respect to the working hours and working on weekends;
- Willingness to travel within the country and abroad for the needs of the organization.
The working hours required for this position are 40 hours per week. The selected candidates will be employed on a 3 month employment contract, with the possibility for extension.
The starting salary will be from 23,000 to 25,000 denars net, with the possibility of an increase depending on the project engagements and the results of the work in the trial period of 3 months.
Deadline and method of application
All interested candidates should submit the following documents:
- Short biography;
- Motivation letter;
All applications must be received by e-mail at the following address: [email protected], under the subject: Application for NYCM Membership Coordinator no later than 06.12.2019, 23:59 hrs.
Candidates selected in the first round will be invited for testing and interview. The selected person is expected to start working immediately after the finalization of the process. Applicants with incomplete documents and applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
*NYCM reserves the right to extend the competition if it deems necessary.